We are halfway through Blogmas! Crazy, right?! We hope you guys are enjoying the posts. We are having so much fun sharing everything with you! Most of you already know that we live in Philadelphia. We love how the city transforms during the holiday season. That’s one of our favorite things about the city. There are literally so many things to do in Philadelphia during the holidays. Seriously guys, TONS. Let’s break it down so you can start planning your holiday adventures!
10 THINGS TO DO IN PHILADELPHIA DURING THE HOLIDAYS
- Macy’s Holiday Light Show – This is a must-see. No matter how many times we see this show, we always go back again and again.
- Christmas Village – This is an outside holiday market modeled after the traditional Christmas Markets in Germany.
- The Rothman Institute Ice Rink at Dilworth Park – We love how Dilworth Park transforms into an outdoor ice rink! After you skate the night away, grab a warm cocktail inside the Rothman Cabin.
- Franklin Square Holiday Festival – The square is lit up with over 50,000 lights. Listen to holiday classics, eat, and grab a drink in the winter beer garden. So much fun!
- Rittenhouse Square – We love walking around the park and looking at all of the holiday lights. The trees are filled with beautiful lights that make the square so festive!
- Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest – This is Philadelphia’s largest outdoor ice skating rink! There are so many things to do here. From ice skating to outdoor fire pits, there is something for everyone!
- Dickens Village at Macy’s – The third floor of Macy’s is transformed into “Dickens Village” for the holidays. There are over 100 fully animated figures that reenact the classic “A Christmas Carol”.
- Dinner Date – Sometimes it’s nice to keep things simple. Plan a date night in the city. There are so many restaurants that decorate for the holidays. Nearly all of the restaurants on the “square” are festive. Try Parc, Devon, or Rouge!
- The Miracle on 13th Street – The neighborhood homes in South Philly (1600 block of South 13th Street) transform into a holiday-lights destination for the city. You must check this out!
- Philadelphia Museum of Art – There are a ton of events and activities at the Museum of Art during the holidays. Visit the tree, work on DIY art, and sip on holiday cocktails.
Subscribe to Blog via Email