Summer + Iced Coffee = Love. Yes, a match made in heaven. We all need our daily (or more) dose of coffee to kick our butts into gear. Unfortunately, this summer heat has been crazy lately. No one wants to drink a hot cup of coffee on a blazing hot day. Well, maybe a few of you do buuut not us. Bring on the buckets of iced coffee! We’re giving you the lowdown on the perfect summer iced coffee here on The A&M. This recipe is super easy and will have you running for seconds.
What do you need?
- French Press
- Ground Coffee (duh!)
- Ice Cube Tray (the secret weapon)
- Your choice of creamer/milk/sweetener
ATTN: Before you brew your iced coffee, you need to work on the secret ingredient. We HATE when the ice melts in our coffee and it starts to get watered down. No need to worry with this simple trick. COFFEE ICE CUBES. Make a cup of coffee whichever way you would like. Feel free to brew a single serve coffee pod to make things even easier. Pour coffee into ice-cube tray and freeze overnight.
Now, back to the main course.
- Prep your French Press. This is really simple. Rinse the glass container and plunger with hot water. This will help keep the heat in when brewing your coffee.
- Heat your water. Stop right before it begins to boil.
- Place 8 tablespoons of coffee in your french press. This will make 4 cups of coffee.
- Pour hot water into french press. Be sure to leave roughly one inch of room on top.
- Place plunger on top. DO NOT PUSH DOWN.
- Turn lid to ensure all heat stays in.
- Let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly press down on the plunger until you reach the bottom. Voila! You did it!
- Chill in fridge for 3-4 hours. Make a huge batch in the beginning of the week and your set!
Now it’s time for the secret ingredient. Drop a few cubes of your coffee ice cubes into your glass. Pour iced coffee and add in your favorite creamer or milk. It’s even good just as it is.
That’s it! The hardest part is the french press and we promise it isn’t that hard. After you do it once, you’ll be a pro. Make a big batch of this in the beginning of the week and you are set for those early mornings.
Let us know what you think in the comments below. We hope you guys are having a great week so far! Until next time…