We are both big chili lovers. It’s that hearty meal that doesn’t take much effort and lasts for days. We love to make a big pot of our vegetarian chili and eat it all week — it makes life easier. This has also been a good recipe to have on hand given the state of the world right now. Happy cooking!
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- 3-5 stalks of scallions
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Corn (frozen)
- 2 small cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce
- 1 Bag of Gardein Beefless Grounds (Vegan + Gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 2 Cups of Water
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Bay Leaves
- Celery Salt
- In a large pot, combine the olive oil, garlic, and scallions on medium heat. Sautee until brown.
- Combine black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beefless grounds, quinoa, and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Add seasoning. We are really bad at measuring the exact amount for each spice. We suggest starting with 1-2 tablespoons. Cumin is key in this recipe. You will want more cumin than any other spice. Add 3 bay leaves (don’t forget to take out before serving).
- Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 hours. Serve and enjoy! We like to top the chili with avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips!